Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sony HDR CX100 AVCHD HD Camcorder w Smile Shutter and 10x Optical Zoom Black



Shoot HD quality video with the Sony HDR-CX100 Handycam camcorder. This compact and lightweight Memory Stick Duo media camcorder offers 1920×1080 Full HD video recording and 4.0-megapixel still image capture. Packed with a healthy feature set including a 1/5-inch Exmor CMOS sensor, BIONZ image processor, Face Detection, Smile Shutter technology and 8 GB of embedded flash memory, its most differentiating characteristic is the ultra-compact design. Face Detection automatically adjusts focus, exposure and color for the most natural results. With Smile Shutter, the HDR-CX100 can detect smiles and automatically capture still images, even while Recording 1920 x 1080 Full HD video. You will also enjoy 4-megapixel still image recording to ensure your memories are preserved in stunning detail. Additionally, the CX100’s small size and lightweight make it an ideal travel companion, perfect for recording that special moment, wherever you are. Video and still images are stored directly to 8 GB built-in flash memory or Memory Stick PRO Duo media (not included) for easy transfer to your computer or other compatible devices.

User Ratings and Reviews

5 Stars Works GREAT with Macintosh!!!
I have a MACINTOSH LAPTOP with both imovieHD and imovie09. AS SOON AS THE CAMERA is connected imovie launches and a screen appears with ALL your movies shown (1st frame of movie is shown so you know which is which). You click a box to select the movies you want imported and the computer does the REST!

PHOTOS are imported the same way: iphoto immediately launches when USB cable (supplied with camera) is connected between camera and MACINTOSH. You click all the pics you want imported and the computer does the rest!!

The other mac guy doing the reviews is apparently an idiot.

5 Stars Good price, good quality, sound
I just got this camera yesterday at best buy. It was on sale online but not in the store. they matched the price online and I got it for 539.99

Then they marked it down to 519.99 because It was a open box. So I got lucky. I originally bought the sony handycam for 299.99 but realized I should have got the HD version. If you have HD computers and Tvs whats the point of watching home movied in anything but hd? the other footage from the original was grainy. since getting the HD the videos look great! Very happy. Beautiful camera and lightweight. for best video take in bright light. you can really see each hair on a persons head. The only problem I have is when I watch the videos on my computer it lags? I dont know why. It looks like still shots kinda like frame by frame?

If anyone can help me figure that out how to watch the videos without a delay I would be so happy

No cons so far.

5 Stars AWSOME DEAL !! GOT IT FOR $399.99 AT SONY STORE.
THIS CAMCORDER IS AWSOME . FULL HD 1080 , 10X OPTICAL ZOOM , 8GB BUILT IN MEMORY W/ EXPANSION SLOT. AWSOME SOFTWARE AND THE BEST OF ALL , I GOT IT AT THE SONY STORE FOR $399.99 THANKS TO A 20% OFF COUPON SONY STORE ADVERTISED FROM MAY 15- MAY 17. I WANTED A CAMCORDER THAT HAD THE BUILT IN LIGHT AND A LITTLE BIT MORE OPTICAL ZOOM BUT I HAD TO PAY $200. EVEN AT $499.99 THIS IS A GREAT BUY.

5 Stars Perfect 1080p but no light on the camera.
Its 99% perfect, but I would like a light. Price match amazon at bestbuy and save a hundred bucks. Great camera, No regrets.

4 Stars great image, but…..
I got this camera in april, and set out to take video and pictures right away to test quality. It is great, but you will only be able to see the full glory in your HD tv. If you try to copy to a disc, you will have to lower to SD (standard definition) until they come up with a copier for full HD. Until then I better keep the cards to view on tv. I have a dvd recorder I use to copy and edit videos I take on trips, (my old Sony tapes camera) and noticed that if I use HQ, comes pretty close to what I get from this camera. I must say that this camera is so easy to use and light. So, do not empty the cards, better carry a few ones, now that they are getting cheaper. I will wait for Blue Ray dvd recorder.

Add to Mixx!

Stumble Upon Toolbar
allvoices

0 comments:

Post a Comment